Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 3 - Golf at Carnoustie... Can't get much better than this!


So here we go.... My first day of golf in Scotland and I get to play one of the best ever, Carnoustie! I know that the first couple videos had more of the travel but this is what you have all been waiting for. Playing Carnoustie the day after a European Tour event was such a great treat. The course played tough but the weather was unbeatable! I don't think that Callaway could have planned it much better. It may be a little long but I wanted to be able to share as much as possible with everyone. I hit some of the best shots of my life and had some of the toughest bunker shots and lies I have faced on any golf course. Some people call it "Car-Nasty" and now I know why. If the weather was not as nice as it was the scores would have been a lot higher.

I have only played a couple of links style courses, but none of my previous experience could have prepared me for the true links style that I faced at Carnoustie and the other courses on the trip. I will tell you more about what my favorite parts of the trip and toughest holes were when I wrap up the video series. The next video is taken on the same day. A few of us could not resist the opportunity to play another 18 with such perfect weather. The last time I walked 36 holes on the same day was when I passed my P.A.T.

Continue to follow my adventures through Scotland and stay tuned for the next episode from My Life On The Green because there are plenty more on the way. I hope you all enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment